Thursday, March 09, 2006

Failure Has Made an Outhouse of Our Home

was the title of the new song I had written, and of course I borrowed the title, as well as the music, and most of the words, from a Kay Starr ballad. Or was that Kay Ballard? I dunno. As my uncle used to say, "Talent borrows, Genius Steals," but now that I think about it, he did say that before the lawsuit. So what the hell kind of genius was he? Anyway, I sang this song to my agent, and after slitting his own throat he gurgled me this advice: "Keep your day job." Which wasn't easy, as I didn't have one and, thanks to some pesky thing called 'Megan's Law,' I may not have one for some time. So there's nothing I can do now but bang out the three chords I've managed to learn and write hillbilly songs. Maybe you've even heard one or two of them, if the stirrup in your ear didn't ride away afterwards. Remember "Drink, Drank, Drunk (I Locked You in My Trunk)?" What about "I Slept with Momma Last Night"? No, huh? Maybe you have whistled my train song, "I'm So Blue (They Found Your Head Near The Tracks)." Yes, these WERE colossal hits, although "Failure Has Made an Outhouse of Our Home" promises to reveal the tender side of your old pal, max jukes.

Copyright 2006 max jukes and Brian Edward Hack. No reproduction or other use of this material without the expressed written permission of the author.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home